Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL .net CallManager 6.1 and 4.1(3)

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Did anyone ever manage to get a working proxy class generated for VB.net or C#.net?

I have seen posts in Netpro and on the web that state people are going to post them, but have never seen them.

Cheers,

Tim.

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

For ccm 6.1(1), log into the call manager (ccmadmin), go to the plugins and download the axlsqltoolkit - it contains a wsdl file that can be processed by wsdl.exe.

There have been attachments with working wsdl files for 4.x releases - however, those files have never been validated - meaning whomever created them might have adapted the file to a point where it can be processed, and even to a point where the commands that the creator uses work, but I bet you'll find non working commands in every single one of them.

Personally, I'm going to abstain from autogenerated stuff until the wsdl file is autogenerated from Cisco - at least then I know that if I use the same toolkit, I'll have zero issues. Having to spend time implementing parsing manually may be time consuming, but so is figuring out why your autogenerated classes don't work properly in some cases.

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for the response..

I've already been on and had a crack at the 6.1(1) axlsqltoolkit. I tried to process with wsdl according to the Cisco doc and it didnt work. Cant remember the error.. but I have a bit of free time now.. so I will check it out again.

I'm pretty new to the coding side really, so I was looking for the autogenerated stuff as a bit of a starting point.

Do you think they will ever fix the 4.1 stuff? Is 6.1 the first version that we can successfully autogenerate a proxy class?

Cheers,

Tim

I can pretty much guarantee you that the 4.x will never be fixed.. neither will any other existing version. Even those that you can get the compile, you'll still face errors because some tags are named differently (or use a different notation) than what the callmanager actually returns (happens even with ccm 6.1.1a).

Until the day they use a framework that extracts the wsdl from the code running on ccm, this will never be fully resolved :( Just today I found a handful of inconsistencies between the wsdl/xsd and what ccm 6.1.1a actually does.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: