cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO disconnection

marahman78
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to find which signals are coming from PSTN(Telco)side? I have a FXO disconnection problem and almost tried every thing. Please help.

Regards,

MAR

18 Replies 18

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which country are you in?

Check the info from the great guys at:

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Yes, i've checked and i make a new custom tone but it didn't resolved my problem. Please advice.

Record your tone on the PC, attach it here together with config and mentioen the applicable country.

Please find the attached tone & config file. Country = Pakistan. Also find the debug file.

Regards,

MAR

Hi, recording quality is marginal, but try 440 Hz, 275 ms on 275 ms off.

Is voice port configuration is alright ?

Seems so.

I've checked but it didn't work. Please find the attached "debug vpm all" file. I'll be waiting for your useful suggestion.

Thanks

Tone-based disconnect supervision is not very reliable and sometime doesn't work at all.

However in the debug seems like you're getting battery reversal, try that:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml#topic6

Good luck!

I've tried but no luck. Is there any way to find out which type of signals PSTN are sending.

Regards,

MAR

It's probably 425 Hz after all. The recording you sent has a lot of noise and the frequency analysis can be impacted. The main problem is that tone-based is unreliable in itself.

Is there any way to find out which type of signals PSTN are sending ?

They are sending the signals detailed above, problems is rotuter doesn't recognize them. Which exact IOS are you using ?

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(3h), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-3h.bin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: