cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone will not register to Subscriber

Bryan Geoghan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3 node cluster with 2 Subs and 1 Pub. My phone can register to Sub02 and the Pub but will not register to Sub01.

When I set the CallManager Group to have only the Sub01 in it, its picks up its addressing and trys to open to the Sub01 but never registers and keeps cycling through the boot process.

As soon as I set the CallManager Group to use the Sub02 or Pub, it registers immediately. All the services appear to be started and running, really only needing the CallManager service I believe.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

8 Replies 8

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Which version of CCM

Make sure CCM service is running

Check if other devices not only phones are able to register (SW CFB, MOH, ANN, MTP)

If not using NIC teaming Check only 1 NIC is enabled and other DISABLED

Restart CCM service

Check DNS resolution

Under System Server make sure you use IP Addresses

Check if phone is getting proper Configuration File

Let us know

Do you see any transient connection attempts in the log for that device?

CCM version 5.1.2.2000-3

CCM service is running.

Gateways are registered to this subscriber.

Have connectivity to the Subscriber.

Can't restart the CCM service now. Do not want to affect calls during production hours.

We aren't relying on DNS, using IP addresses.

Phone appears to be getting right configuration file. And maybe I should of been more clear but none of our phones can register to the Sub.

You have verified IP connectivity to that sub correct?

Yes sir. And no, I don't see any trasient message for the Phone to the Sub. I see one for another device but not for the Phone.

Bryan Geoghan
Level 1
Level 1

Again, when I set the Call Manager Group to point to this Subscriber first, they get their network information including TFTP server from the DHCP server. They also see what CallManager they should register to and you see the message 'Opening 10.x.x.x' but it never registers and recycles.

When I go to Status Messages on the phone, I see it picking up the XML config file for his MAC and then after the phone recycles, he loses it.

I'm not very knowledgable in tracing and viewing logs. If someone could point me in the right direction on that, I might be able to provide more information. I have the RTMT Tool installed on my computer.

Bryan Geoghan
Level 1
Level 1

Any ideas?

Post SDI and SDL CCM trace files.

Here is how to activate traces:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml#calm

Unplug the PoE Cable from your IP-Phone, start a sniffer (ethereal) and plug the cable in, watch the whole registration process and analyze it (DHCP/TFTP..etc). Also go to Setting -> Status-> Network statistic (post what you see on the third line).

Also check the Eventviewer of your Subscriber.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: