cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voip dial peer translation rule

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

I have a CME system an a call comes in to 33.. This is to be sent via voip to another system but the first 3 needs to be stripped. I created a translation rule that I have tested and it works removing the 3 but when I apply it to a voip peer with destination-pat 33.. it doesn't seem to work because when I trace out to the other side I see 33.. coming in. Can you do this on a voip peer?

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can apply a voice translation rule to a voip dial peer. Can you post your config?

Brandon

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bill,

Yes you can, by applying it on the voip dial-peer in the outbound direction. Do you mind posting the relevant configs here? I'm sure we can help point out what is needed to get this to work for you.

Regards,

Michael.

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks guys, once you both told me it should work I re-examined and found that on the profile I had calling rather than called.

Next questions, calls coming into the cme from these sites will be 3 digit rather than 4 so for example if the phone number for the phone is 3510 and someone across the voip calls 3510 I will see 510 in the cme. I cannot change what is received by the pbx into the router at the remote end. My question is should num-exp 5.. 35.. should this work or am I going to have to add a translation rule at the remote site to add the 3 on? thx again

"num-exp" should work in this scenario. You could also apply a translation rule to the inbound dial peer.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brndon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: