cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX-515 restarting over and over ...

nlariguet
Level 1
Level 1

... or sometimes after a while; it started a couple of days ago, 8.0.3 installed on December.

First thing I presumed was a defective power supply so I opened the case and checked all connectors to see if they were properly fit etc.

question is:

I see a fixed red LED labeled CR1 near the battery among a bank of some other unlit LEDs; is this normal or is it stating something anomalous ? I can't find any reference in the manuals.

3 Replies 3

husycisco
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Nacho

"red LED labeled CR1 near the battery"

I assume you opened the case of ASA and talking about the LED on the board. I think its a normal behaviour and I dont think that you can find information about the components inside the case of applience.

What I suggest you is, configure a Syslog server and let your ASA drop logs to that Syslog server. Set the logging level in ASA do debugging, and configure SMTP alert for level 2 (Critical) logs. So when ASA reloads, you will get a mail, then you can review the logs (also post here to analyze together) at the time of reload.

Regards

"... so I opened the case ..."

yes, I suppose this means I just opened the case

Anyway the hardware is a PIX-515 (not E) (and not ASA). OK. I'll do what you're suggesting but if it's a hardware related problem (think a power supply going off) I don't think I'll see anything on the logs but I'll give it a try.

I'll be back with further info.

Thanks !

seems it's definitely solved solved: opened the case, pulled back and reinserted every cable connector I can find, seven days running straight, no more problems, thanks anyway !

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card