cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Question

niro
Level 1
Level 1

I'm reading the cisco document on QoS again and I'm having a hard time understanding this line (regarding WFQ with IP precedence):

However, if you have 18 precedence-1 flow and 1 of each of the others-the formula looks like this:

1 + 1 8 ¥ 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 + 8 = 36 - 2 + 18 ¥ 2 = 70

The flows will get 8/70, 7/70, 6/70, 5/70, 4/70, 3/70, 2/70, and 1/70 of the link, and 18 of the flows will each get approximately 2/70 of the link.

I don't understand the formula...what does the ¥ symbol mean?

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Might be a display character problem. For instance, from http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0/qos/configuration/guide/qcconman.html I see:

However, if you have 18 precedence 1 flows and one of each of the rest, the total is now:

1+2(18)+3+4+5+6+7+8=70

Precedence 0 traffic will get 1/70, each of the precedence 1 flows will get 2/70, and so on.

you're right it's a problem with the display...that's what I thought originally too, but what threw me off is that I viewed the html source on the page to see if it's a different character and it wasn't...I just downloaded the PDF and it's a multiplication symbol.

Thanks!:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: