Views
Helpful
Replies

defined time length to access wlan

rafael2gc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a WLC_4402/wcs and two wlan. One is private with authentication and other is for public access to web, without auth. I want to define a length of time (exemple 2hs) that a client is allowed to surf the web and after that amount of time the conection is dropped, and the user is not able to connect again for a certain amount of time.

I need this feature couse i dont want people monopolize the service.

Any clues?

thanks

2 Replies 2

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

Feature you are looking for is only available only for users who enter invalid login credentails. Here is another suggestion If possible implement an authentication server for authenticating users. For each WLAN you have session timeout feature after which user has to login again. When the user tries to login again check if you have any option on the authentication server for implementing this.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can leverage a colubris appliance to enhance your users logons...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: