Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot Caller ID

mat.walker
Level 1
Level 1

Fairly simple setup:

I'd like to have a Hunt Pilot on say DN 250, this has a Hunt List with 2 Line Group's in it (LG1 & LG2). LG1 has extensions 214 & 215. LG2 has extensions 214,215,224 in it.

Essentially what I'm trying to achieve is a call comes in via reception (a different DN to any of the previous mentioned), call is put on hold and reception calls 250. Line Group1 rings, if someone answer the call is transfered. If the call isn't answered Line Group2 rings (which has the same, but more people as LG1 in it) so that more people know there's a call needing attendance.

I'm pretty sure all this functionally works, but what I'd like to happen is when a call is present on an operators phone in any of the Line Groups for them to have some way of knowing the call came in on DN250 (the Customer Service number) instead of just thinking reception is calling them.

Is it possible to set a text caller ID on the Hunt Pilot or am I going about this the wrong way?

7 Replies 7

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

I think you can do this by using the Display or Line text label in the Directory Configuration Page.

The Hunt Pilot, Hunt List and Line Group all have descriptions and names set, yet when a call comes up on any phone it still shows as the caller ID of the caller, which I don't mind but it needs to show that its come in via the Hunt Pilot.

Hi Mat,

I have not tried this but could you try setting up a new DN on a CTI Route Point that "front ends" (via Call Forward All) the Hunt Group. If the reception forwards calls to this new DN it will still reach the Hunt Pilot but will strip off the CLID and replace it with it's own. This way your users will see the proper Customer Service CLID :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob!

Thanks for that... I was suspecting as such. This is exactly how we do it in our CME. Have an initial DN with the correct CLI that forwards ALL to another number of which all the support people have a shared line for.

Do you think shared line is still the best way to go for this type of distribution or should the Hunt List / Auto Attendent Console be used?

Hi Mat,

You are most welcome :) If the Shared Line is working for you then that's cool. If there is something lacking beyond the CLID issue then we should look at a different setup. What version of CCM are you running?

It's unlikely that you need AC setup unless you are at a CCM release before 4.1(3) where the Hunt Pilot, Hunt Group, Line Group capability was first introduced.

Let us know :)

Rob

Hi Rob,

We're running a 2611XM with CME4.0 and 52 phones (7940/60's). We've just bought a pair of 7816 MCS running CUCM6.0.

We'd like to get into the whole extension mobility thing (which I'm still learning and trying to wrap my head around), won't be using voicemail at this stage and want LDAP integration for the extension mobility users. I believe its all possible, its just moving from CME to CUCM6.0 that's a big leap for me!

We have two small support centers, each with about 5 people in them. We have a few shared line groups to service these support groups. On our CME a receptionist answers the phone, customer wants support so the receptionist transfers the call to 1250. 1250 is callforward-all to 1251 (for CLID reasons to show its a support call), time's out after 15 seconds and forwards to 1252. This way we can have a shared line appearence on the support members phones on the 1251, and then 1252 is shared on not only the support members phone but the escalation team so they can see that support is obviously busy and need a hand.

My problem with doing it the same way is that not all members have 7960s with 6 buttons, some have 7940s. With the CME we could OVERLAY DN's on buttons, but I don't think this is possible with CUCM is it?

Hence back to my second query, should I be looking at hunt list's to perform the function I require?

I did also think about using the free 5 seat CCX license that came with CUCM6.0 to have proper call queuing perhaps..

Also, to source from your infinite wisdom, should I be upgrading to 6.1 straight away before I get too far down the track?

Hi Mat,

Good stuff! This sounds like a nice upgrade. First comment is that I would skip directly to 6.1(X) far less bugs. Second comment is that I would skip the IPCC integration for now for a number of reasons (like the need for an additional MCS Server etc) you will want to practice with this a fair bit before going live :)

Here are the steps detailed below that are needed to configure a CCM Hunt Group (which is the route that I would go with this).

Here is the related info (the docs are for CCM 5.x but do carry over for 6.x as well :)

Line Groups

Line groups contain one or more directory numbers. A distribution algorithm, such as Top Down, Circular, Longest Idle Time, or Broadcast, associates with a line group. Line groups also have an associated Ring No Answer reversion timeout value.

The following descriptions apply to the members of a line group:

•An idle member designates one that is not serving any call.

•An available member designates one that is serving an active call but can accept a new call(s).

•A busy member cannot accept any calls.

**For your setup you will want to pay special attention to these settings**;

No Answer

For a given distribution algorithm, choose a hunt option for Cisco Unified CallManager to use if a call is distributed to a member of a line group that does not answer. This option gets applied at the member level. Choose from the options in the drop-down list box:

•Try next member; then, try next group in Hunt List-If you choose this hunt option, Cisco Unified CallManager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the first idle or available member of a line group to the last idle or available member. If unsuccessful, Cisco Unified CallManager then tries the next line group in a hunt list.

•Skip remaining members, and go directly to next group-If you choose this hunt option, Cisco Unified CallManager skips the remaining members of this line group when the RNA reversion timeout value elapses for the first member. Cisco Unified CallManager then proceeds directly to the next line group in a hunt list.

For information on configuring line groups,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_4/ccmcfg/b03lngrp.html#wpxref97498

Hunt Lists

Hunt lists comprise ordered groupings of line groups. A line group may belong to more than one hunt list. Hunt pilots associate with hunt lists. A hunt list may associate with more than one hunt pilot.

For information on configuring hunt lists,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_4/ccmcfg/b03htlst.html#wpxref31940

Hunt Pilots

Hunt pilots are sets of digits. They comprise lists of route patterns that are used for hunting. A hunt pilot can specify a partition, numbering plan, route filter, and hunt forward settings. A hunt pilot must specify a hunt list.

For information on configuring hunt pilots,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_4/ccmcfg/b03htpil.html#wpxref28844

The call will come into the Hunt Pilot (Transferred from Reception) which in turn looks at the settings in the Hunt List. In the Hunt List there will be the reference to the Line Group and in the Line Group will be the Line Group memeber DN's along with the Distribution Algorithm (Longest Idle etc).

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: Infinite wisdom hahahaha (Thanks Mat)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: