cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tomcat, ICServe and CSRegistryServer Failed to Run

che.candeloza
Level 1
Level 1

I need help on Ciscoworks 2.5, web interface shows that the CW is still initializing. But found that the Tomcat, ICServer and CSRegistryServer failed to run. I already tried manually starting the processes but nothing happens.

Below are logs from stdout.log

An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.

Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0xA73C25B8

Function=_ZNK12DOM_NodeList9getLengthEv+0xC

Library=/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/lib/libxerces.so

I've attached the output of pdshow and stdout.log

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml is corruppt (probably a zero byte file). This was a bug in LMS 2.5. If you do not have a good backup, you will need to reinstall all of LMS from scratch. Then you should immediately upgrade to LMS 2.6 which is freely downloadable from Cisco.com (start from http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/lan-planner.shtml , go to LMS 2.5.1 then to 2.6).

hi jclarke,

i have another LMS of the same version that is working, can i just copy the NMSROOT/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml to the problematic server?

No. This file is tied closely to the individual server. You would need a good backup from the server with the corrupt file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: