cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

White board/drawing board functionality

l.mourits
Level 5
Level 5

With todays technology for dynamic web content I wonder how easy or hard it would be to add a white board add-on to the netpro discussion.

The benefit of such is that it allows dynamic discussion/brain storming, and eliminates the risk of incompatible version of Visio or other applications.

I would greatly appreciate such functionality.

2 Replies 2

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Leo,

The whiteboard idea has been kicked around by our team for many years now. I think the struggle lies in the integration. Do you think the whiteboard option should be available to all NetPro posts or a completely separate area? The other possibility would be event-based whiteboarding, similar to Ask the Expert events. All thoughts on this idea are welcome or, if someone has an example of a good implantation of whiteboarding, I'd love to see it.

Cheers,

Dan Bruhn

NetPro Community Manager

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. My personal take on this would be to allow the whitebaord in all forums but only grant permission to the original poster (thread starter) to enable or disable the whiteboard (either when starting the post, or at a later stage).

The best I have seen so far is at:

http://www.groupboard.com/products/

(check out the groupboard designer demo)

I think the nice thing about this one is that is seems to have the option to put in default icons (like the router, switch, firewall symbols), and just click and drag these icons.

I have no clue though if and how this would fit into the current implementation of the forum :-/

Hope it helps,

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links