cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to keep GSM Cellular interface up ???

Olivier Jessel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to keep a GSM connection up during the time to make an ftp download. The problem s that the DDR ACL is taking this flow in account but when the dialer idle-timeout expires on the Cellular interface, then the GSM lnks goes down... If I don't setup the idle-timeout, the links stays up for ever...

Thanks for your help

OJ

CCIE #44658
4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

OJ

Does your dialer include configuration of a dialer group? If so is there a corresponding dialer-list? If so what does the list define as "interesting" traffic. Proper definition of interesting traffic is the best way to get the link to stay up. When the dialer sees traffic going through that matches the definition of interesting traffic then it resets the idle timer which results in the link staying up.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi,

I found where was the problem. The Cellular interface doesn;t work as a dialer (even with all the dialer commands...)

I created a dialer interface, put the Cell in this dialer group, and launched a "debug dialer packet".

The think I forgot to say is I have a crypto map on the Dialer interface, and as soon as the VPN is up (DDR ACL is ok) then, the dialer idle-timeout wasn't reset because all traffic is then like : SA = dialer interf and DA = public IP of the remote ipsec peer

...and of course didn't match the DDR ACL.

But then it works like a charm.

I even successed to setup NAT on all of this to hide the LAN subnet inside the VPN.

If someone is interested by the config... let me know.

Thanks Rick ;0)

CCIE #44658

jrazvi
Level 1
Level 1

Use the following command on the cellular interface:

dialer idle-timeout 2147483

dialer idle-timeout 0

to make it infinite up

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card