CCNP exam question software...which one?

Unanswered Question
Mar 27th, 2008

Hi all

To prepare for my CCNP exams whats a good practice questions software package I can purchase. Pass4sure, testking, boson etc?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
PAUL MORALES Thu, 03/27/2008 - 10:48

I am using the boson CCNP sim software. I have found it helpful in my labs for this certification. However, I am open to other softwares if anyone has had any good experience with others, so please tell. Thanks!!

celticfc2007 Thu, 03/27/2008 - 11:14

I've been using the boson sims that come with the official Cisco CCNA Flash Card book and the ICND1 and 2 book. They're great! In study mode, it will reference the book for any given question (and its linked to the pdf book page), really helpful. I would think that its same for the Cisco books for CCNP.

Good luck!

Richard Burts Sat, 03/29/2008 - 12:22

I have had some experience with Boson and with TestKing. In general I have found Boson to be better.

alan.blake Sun, 03/30/2008 - 02:45

Boson ive used before but looking on there website they do not have 642-902(BSCI) available for sale which makes me reluctant to use them.

Thanks all for your replies

scottmac Sun, 03/30/2008 - 06:43

I can't recommend the Boson anymore. I honestly used to be one of their biggest fans, but after my last re-cert, I just can't anymore.

Most of their test preps are a generation (or more) old (BCMSN @ 642-811, current is 812), if they have them at all (no ISCW).

TestKing is not a good learning tool, but once you figure you know the stuff, it gives you good practice looking through and picking out all the incorrect (i.e., stupid, irrelevant) questions and answer banks where all the answers are wrong. There were occasions where as much as 30% of the information was absolutely bogus (ranging into the bizarre).

Pass4Sure is another brain dump, their labs aren't labs, they're pictures with a list of which step you need to do to satisfy the task.

Transcender is supposed to be very good, I haven't ever used them.

The Boson thing saddens me, they have an excellent engine and their software quality is about as good as it gets ... they just aren't current.

I spent US$99.00 for a three test package that was completely missing many of the most-tested topics (I passed the test, but Boson had nothing to do with it).

Also, don't let the fact that there's only one ISCW book around lead you to believe it's an easy topic. The Cisco Press book for ISCW compared to the test is like using a third-grade math schoolbook to study for a calculus exam ... most of the topics were covered, but not nearly to the depth the test requires.

Also, learn to read fast ... really fast ... there's lots of reading on ISCW ... long questions with a page-full of long answers.

Good Luck

This Discussion