cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5520 VPN Monitoring

Sighclops
Level 1
Level 1

I have just moved from 2 VPN 3015 Concentrators to 2 ASA 5520s. Under Monitoring I was able to see the VPN client Versions that were connected on my 3015 Concentrators but on the ASA 5520s, when I go to Monitoring > VPN >VPN Statistics > Sessions the "Client(Peer) Type Version" column is blank. Any configuration I need to get the verisons to display?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Craig,

I am not aware of any additional config required for that particular field Client(Peer)Type version field to show up, at least I do not recall additional settings but I will double check, I run 8.0.3 and do see all of my ra vpn clients type peer type version information, I would not think this could be additional settings as the whole line is part of the vpn monitoring session but again I take a double look, do you get other session information fine such as username, group policy,protocol encryption type etc.. what version of code are you running both asa and asdm.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Craig,

I am not aware of any additional config required for that particular field Client(Peer)Type version field to show up, at least I do not recall additional settings but I will double check, I run 8.0.3 and do see all of my ra vpn clients type peer type version information, I would not think this could be additional settings as the whole line is part of the vpn monitoring session but again I take a double look, do you get other session information fine such as username, group policy,protocol encryption type etc.. what version of code are you running both asa and asdm.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Yes I get all other Information. It is only the Client(Peer)Type Version which is blank.

ASDM 6.0(2)

ASA 8.0(2)

Possibly a fix in the ASA 8.0(3)?

Hi Jorge,

I beleive the move to 8.0(3) will correct the issue.

CSCsj34537

Yes

ASA 8.0 show vpn-sessiondb detail remote does not show client version

I actualy thought I had the latest version of ASA. thanks for the kick in the right direction.

Craig, nice findings, thank you for sharing this information..

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: