I had pix+CSM on 6500. I've changed it to new ACE module on 6500.
I've made loadbalancing which was done on CSM. Now i wanted to connect dmz which was connected to pix and make static DNAT.
I used configuration guide/examples from: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/v3.00_A1/configuration/security/guide/nat.html
I need to make static DNAT, but i can't figure how it works. There are many errors in this document including incorrect (old?) syntax (for example: nat static 192.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 80 vlan 101)
I analyzed three examples at the and of this document. My questions:
1. how do i choose if it's source or destination NAT ?
2. do i always apply service-policy to vlan interface which receives packets which should be natted ?
3. What is class-map(it's ACL) choosing ? Incoming traffic which destination address should be changed ?
4. is in command: "nat static A netmask netmaskA vlan B" A is outside ip address before translation to inside address ?
5. Could anybody give me a simple example of static DNAT ? (or any links?)