Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Communication Manager & IBM Sametime

bolz_icw_
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

what I want to achieve is a "click to dial" functionality out of Lotus Sametime.

We have the CISCO Unified Communication server in version 4.2(3)SR3 in place as well as a Sametime server version 7.5.

Now, I found a software at the CISCO website, which is called CISCO_Click_To_Call_Plug-in_6.1.2.205.zip. According to the Readme, it seems to be something like I've been searching for...

But as I am not sure - has someone experience with this kind of integration?

Within the readme file, they talk about the necessity of the so called c2call functionality of the callmanager which is a prerequisite for the installation of this plugin. But what is actually meant by "c2dial"? (Just a certain configuration of the callmanager or an additional software?)

And what about the client computers, where the user actually start his sametime client? Do I need to install the cisco TSP in order to get the ability to dial out of my sametime client?

Every explanation, hint, document etc. about the click to dial integration with lotus sametime would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Joachim

2 Replies 2

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Click2Dial needs CUPS server to integrate with callmanager.

--

regards,

PK

Even when integrating with Sametime? I having been trying to get this working as well and don't see anything about having a CUPS server. I though we just had to have a SIP trunk to connect CUCM and Sametime. And the Cisco C2D software loaded on the Sametime server. We are running CUCM 6.1.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: