Update external phone mask

Unanswered Question
Mar 27th, 2008

Is there an easy way to update external phone mask on a per line basis (BAT,AXL,SQL etc)? I am using UCM v6.1

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Thu, 03/27/2008 - 09:09

unfortunately no, BAT won't do because it's used to change parameters that are going to be the same for a batch of phones

BTW, we no longer use SQL since CUCM 5.x , it's informix and still changes done directly into the DB are not supported

unfortunately there's still no easy way to do this. i've heard that this might be possible thru BAT in the next CUCM release.

if this helps, please rate

pklos Thu, 03/27/2008 - 09:50

You can do it only using AXL. There is function updatePhone or you can use AXL execute SQL query, but updatePhone should be enough.

g-georgiou Thu, 03/27/2008 - 10:00

Thanks for your quick response, is there a sample script for this?

jbarcena Thu, 03/27/2008 - 11:14

As already stated BAT does not have an option to update the DN, so the only way will be the following:

Make an Export all Details of the phones, then open the file and change the DN, then delete the phones and make an import all details of the file that you just modified.

Keep a copy of the file that you exported just in case.

I recommend you to try it with only a couple of phones until you feel comfortable with the process. I understand that is not what you want to do but there is no other way, except to do it manually through the CCMAdmin webpage one by one, which is actually the safest way.

This Discussion