cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2801 router configuration is changed

RichardLeszcz
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco 2801 router and VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card. A year ago with Cisco support I configured this devices working with 2 T1. For long time, I could reboot the router and was no problem. Recently, each time when we reboot the router, the configuration is changed.

For instance, one controller is shutdown and has no ip address and and all ip route are also lost. Therefore, each time I have to configure the router again.

Could you advise me, where is the problem, the router or card or something else?

Thank you.

Richard Leszczyniecki

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please send output of "show ver"..

There is "show ver".

Kulite>show ver

Cisco IOS Software, 2801 Software (C2801-IPBASE-M), Version 12.4(1c), RELEASE SO

FTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 26-Oct-05 08:42 by evmiller

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(8r)T9, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Kulite uptime is 6 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes

System returned to ROM by power-on

System image file is "flash:c2801-ipbase-mz.124-1c.bin"

Cisco 2801 (revision 6.0) with 114688K/16384K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FTX1025Y0NP

2 FastEthernet interfaces

2 Serial interfaces

2 Channelized T1/PRI ports

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.

191K bytes of NVRAM.

62720K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

Kulite>

Can you upgrade to 12.4(3j) thta is known to be stable.

Is it known that version 12.4(1c) is unstable?

Your problem shows it is so.

Hi RichardLeszcz,

Cisco provides very stable IOS.

I will recommend to after re-configuration of Router save the configuration.

Command:

Copy run start

Then compare the output of “show Run” and “show start”. They should be same.

Please rate

If I use command copy run start, what I can do with it when I loose config after rebooting.

Well Richardleszcz,

When you run the CMD "copy run start" then your config get saved in the NVran of the router. I will also recommends that you compare the how start and show run output.

if both are same that mean that your config has rightly been saved in the nvram. Even if the on reload the router miss the config than there are chance that your nvram is damage.

And if that is the case, then change in IOS will not help as IOS is also store in the NVRAM.

If NVRAM does not keep configuration after rebooting, it means the router should be replaced. Am I correct?

Hi RichardLeszcz,

well router is replace if their is a hardware issue.In your case first do the Compare of show run and show start. this do not require any downtime if the device.

You can also open a tech with cisco for the same and you vendoe is will to replace then get it replace.

Hi

I compared show run and show start. There are no diference.

I am trying to get this version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: