cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.2.0.245 Restore

joe.ho
Level 1
Level 1

After I restore the CSA MC 5.2.0.245. I am able to get everything back. I am able to ping the hosts so DNS is working. However the hosts is not register to the MC. Even the MC itself is not register. Is there anything I have to do after the restore?

3 Replies 3

chickman
Level 1
Level 1

I know this may sound like a very silly question, but, is the server name the same as it was before? The agents have the server name hard coded for the most part and will only register to specific MC name.

This is the only thing I can think of since the agent on the MC isn't even registering.

If this is the issue, you could either rename the system or adjust the host files.

Hope it is something as easy as this!

The server name is the same. I am restoring the configuration as a proof of concept. I have a server running DNS and CSA MC and everything works fine. Then I uninstall CSA MC, reinstall it and restore the configuration. Before restore the config, the MC host is registered with CSA MC. After restored the config, the MC host and other hosts are not register any more. Does any one has any issue restoring from backup config?

joe.ho
Level 1
Level 1

I think something is wrong with the backup. The is why I cannot get the hosts register. I reinstall the CSA MC, rebuild everything manually. I made a fresh backup. This time the hosts can register with MC on the new restore.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: