cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Centralized TFTP in a Mixed Environment (4.0 and 6.1)

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CallManager 4.0(2a)sr2c cluster of 3 servers that our company is running on, and I'm setting up a new CM 6.1 cluster (3 servers) on new hardware. I'm having trouble setting up the CM6 TFTP server as the alternate TFTP server in my current cluster (CM 4). I'm reading the srnd for callmanager6 (3-19 or page 93), and it's not exactly clear how to do this with the version I'm on. I would imagine I would only need to put the path to the new cm6 tftp server in the alternate locations on my current server so that a phone will look to the cm4 tftp server and it didn't find it's configuration, cm4 says "try this alternate cm6 server" and the phone finds it's config and everyone is happy. But the srnd is saying that the CM6 server WRITES it's config to a separate folder on the CM4 server? And that path is listed as an alternate on the CM6 server? That doesn't sound right, but I've read this thing over and over and it's almost like there are 3 different directions in this little section, and I'm having trouble finding which one is for me. Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

It is always recommendation to provide a redundant TFTP server within the cluster before implementing an alternate TFTP server.

If the device you are trying to register had previously registered with CM 413 therefore device config is in CM 413 TFTP server but wishes that you only have one DHCP option with one TFTP server (CM 334 TFTP server), you have to make sure that CM 413 TFTP server writes config on shared folder as its primary "File Location".