cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overload state error

papa19252
Level 1
Level 1

I get this error on one of my branch waes, cant find doc on error, has anyone seen orror or know resolution? Minor: Entering overload state due to Max connections. Total number of entries for this reason: 449.

3 Replies 3

Diego Vargas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This message means that there were periods of time where WAE was under high load of new connections (more that it's capacity).

Can I see the output of

"sh stat tfo "

I would say almost for sure that this box is getting more traffic that what is able to handle, for instance a WAE-512 box with 1GB RAM can handle about 750 tfo connections. This number change depending on the hardware.

The output of the command above would show you how many connections are active at a given time.

As a workaround you need to either reduce the tfo connections to this box, or add more WAE devices (probably one in your case); in some cases if the device has 1 GB of memory, another memory card can be added hece incrementing the capacity of the box.

Hop it helps!!

Diego

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are running 4.0.15, you should consider upgrading to 4.0.17. There were several issues resolved on connections not being released causing overload states.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v4015_v4017/release/notes/ws4015_4017rn.html#wp349693

Hope that helps,

Dan

thks, i am running .15