cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.2.0.203 Unable to register to CSA MC

devpatel68
Level 1
Level 1

In Lab and trial license, I have successufully installed CSA Agent using the Agent Kit built in MC.

However, as per the notes and reading on CSA manual, the CSA doesn't register itself to the CSA MC. Is there a manual way of registering Hosts into the CSA MC, so that I could see the alerts when infecting/injecting viruses, etc.

8 Replies 8

chickman
Level 1
Level 1

My main issue with seeing registration issues has been with DNS. I would suggest a possible modification of the host file in the ETC directory to see if that assists. Just drop in the name of the MC and the IP address and attempt the poll after you've saved it.

Also, by default the MC allows anything to register to it. But, you may want to review the Registration Control located under the System column. Just make sure it is configured for

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

The csalog.txt on the agent should contain the specific error.

If it's something like:

Failed transaction, url=https://csamc.domain:5401/csamcXX/agent, curlerr=6 (Couldn't resolve host 'csamc.domain').

Then Christopher's suggestion should work.

If you find an error like:

[Csamanager]: Registration failed without message Error code=2037

Then you may not have the correct OS licenses installed on the MC.

Tom

Tom made a great point. You should review the log file to actually view the errors that are happening with the agent.

With regards to the manual registration, it is not possible.

Thank you both for your quick response.

Upon investigating the csalog.txt there was a resolution problem.

I had given a fully qualified DNS name in my /driver/etc/host file, which had worked from the beginning. However the agent was looking for just MC name and not the fully qualified name.

Thank you for your help.

Dev

Thankfully it was something easily identifiable as a FQDN and not needing a TAC.

Best of luck Dev!

Good jobs by Chris and Tom. I give both answers a "5" for saving Dev a call to TAC.

Thank you!

Ditto to Paul and glad it was resolved Dev.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card