Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the IP Address of my ACS windows servers

rdubo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Tech Pro,

I have to change the IP address of my 2 ACS servers that are synchronized (database sync)

It it possible to change the IP Addresses of the servers? Is there requirements or procedure?

Thank you

8 Replies 8

Marcin Zgola
Level 4
Level 4

i would not worry about servers that much. the problem would be more for all of your devices using these servers for aaa. (routers, switches, firewalls, etc) you need to know all of these devices new ip addresses.

CCIE 18676

I am having the same issue. How can I change the IP address on one of the servers nics? Windows 2000 server? Is there a way within the ACS gui? ACS version 4.1

Thanks,

e

Hi,

Ther shoulb be no pb to change the IP address if you are running ACS on a Win 2000 server.

Just change the IP adddress on the NIC of your server adn reboot the server.

I heard there should be issue if running ACS on ACS appliance...

But on windows server non pb for me....

Regards

Problem is I cannot get into Windows (and this is a Cisco appliance - Cisco 1113 ) even in safe mode to get to the nic to change the ip address.

If it is acs appliance then you need to do is via console/hypertrmn.

It seems that you want to know the best way to change acs server IP after installation. If that is the case then please follow these steps.

1). The way to change it, is to simply change the IP of the old entry to something bogus. Don't worry about the authentication as the name in "Network Configuration" means nothing to ACS. It's simply for human identification.

2). Then create the new server entry with the new name, and IP

3). Then go to proxy distribution table and drag new acs in the forward to box and old acs under aaa server.

4). Now go to service console and restart csadmin service.

5). Then go in and delete the old entry.

If you get error , that server cant be removed since it is a sync partner, pls do this,

Go to ACS--->Interface configuration---->Advanced---->Enable RDBMS sync--->Submit

Now go to system configuration---->RDBMS Sync---->Synchronization Partner---> Drag that server to aaa-server (the server you want to remove) and move new server under synchronization--->Submit

Now it should let you delete it.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Well, I am unable to alter the ip address of the current configuration. I am logged in as admin yet there is no way to change the existing IP address to anything or one is not given the option to alter.

Hi,

You'll have to telnet to the appliance with these settings:

Baud = 115200

Databits = 8

Parity = N

Stops = 1

Flow control = None

****Caution - Reconfiguring the IP address may cause other network devices to fail to recognize the Cisco Secure ACS Appliance.

****Caution - Reconfiguring the IP address causes services to restart. AAA services to users will be interrupted.

To reconfigure the IP address, follow these steps:

Step 1 Log on to the Cisco Secure ACS Appliance. For more information, see Logging On to the Appliance via Serial Console .

Step 2 Type the set ip command, and then press Enter.

Step 3 At the Use Static IP Address [Y]: prompt, type Y for yes or N for No, and then press Enter.

Step 4 If you answered no to using a static IP address, the system displays a confirmation of DHCP and the message IP Address is reconfigured. Continue the procedure with Step 5 .

If you responded yes in the previous step to use a static IP address, do the following:

a. To specify the Cisco Secure ACS Appliance IP address, at the IP Address [xx.xx.xx.xx]: prompt, type the IP address, and then press Enter.

b. At the Subnet Mask [xx.xx.xx.xx]: prompt, type the subnet mask, and then press Enter.

c. At the Default Gateway [xx.xx.xx.xx]: prompt, type the default gateway, and then press Enter.

d. At the DNS Servers [xx.xx.xx.xx]: prompt, type the address of any DNS servers you intend to use (separate each by a single space), and then press Enter.

Result: The system displays the new configuration information and the following message:

IP Address is reconfigured.

Step 5 Review the information presented and, at the Confirm the changes? [Y]: prompt, press Enter.

Result: The Cisco Secure ACS Appliance restarts. The system displays the following message:

New ip address is set.

Step 6 At the prompt, Test network connectivity [Yes]:, type Y, and then press Enter.

Hope this helps you out, but REMEMBER that none of your devices will authenticate after an IP change.

Craig