cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone goes directly to Voice Mail

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

What do I need to do in programming to keep a phone from going straight to voice mail. We have CCM 6.0.1 and UC 2.0.1

6 Replies 6

mikenipp
Level 1
Level 1

What do you mean by going straight to VM? Does it ring first? Is the phone call forwarded to VM?

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

If the call is going directly to VM and it never rings then most likely you have the Call Forward All to VM feature enabled. Please verify that first. If that is not the problem then please elaborate on your exact scenario

The call forward all is not checked.

Is there something in Unity Connection I should verify?

Well, if the call is never ringing the phone then CCM is the one sending the call directly to the Unity Connection, so the problem is not on the VM side. I strongly recommend you to take a CCM detailed trace and upload it to the post. Include the calling party number, called party number and time of the call.

Is this happening for both internal and external calls or just one of them?

just telling us that the call goes to VM is not enough information, what is the call flow?

do you call from another ip phone and it goes to VM?

do you reach a CUC AA, dial the DN and then directly to VM? or press a caller input to tranfer to that DN?

is a call transfered to that phone and goes to VM?

if the answer is the 2nd one, CUC AA transfer look into the subscriber transfer options and choose the option to yes, ring subcriber extension. if not please provide more information

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Now the phone rings three times and then goes to voice mail like it should. I did not do anything as far as programming in CCM or UC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: