cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASK AND ANSWER

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engage with other cisco.com users to ask and answer product questions.

See It in Action

What do you think about the Ask and Answer concept? Is it useful? Are there places on Cisco.com where you would like to see it? Do you think the idea should evolve into something different? Discuss and vote on this feature now.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

well, i do like the idea, it would certainly make our lives easier if many of the questions we (PDI) or TAC receive are in there.

sometimes the answers are already in some doc but i really gotta say that really few people take 2 minutes to look for it using the search feature and ask for the info instead.

that would be like a little netpro on the page of every product and all the questions would be only on the product, they should be limited only to capabilities and usual procedures and not to things like "i configured it but it's not working"

someone would need to look every once in a while from our side to verify the information in case another cisco.com user answered the question but i would really like to have it in all the UC products we have

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I like this idea which can help users getting their doubt clarified immediately or else at least post their query.

There is a potential catch I think. There should be some kind of control on which information should be published on the site. Cisco is having lots of internal documentation and certain information which might not be a good idea to put in public domain.

I guess a moderator shold be there who can evaluate the responses and then publish it. This will also help in restricting negative vibes.

This is once again my personal thought.

-> Sushil

Yes I also agree that there should be some control of the responses. In Post-Sales implementations if you make a mistake, you can always go back and fix the ocnfiguration/design etc. But in Pre-Sales work, a simple mistake can cause months of delay (ordering, lead time etc.). So Cisco has to make sure product related queries are accurately answered.

Regards

Farrukh

deann1234
Level 1
Level 1

Good idea. I need some help too. I am a new SMB certified partner, just getting ready to start offering Unified Communication and Wireless networking solutions to local SMB customers. However, my biggest problem is knowing how to charge for my consulting services, and how much to charge for different services. Can someone give me some ideas, or refer me to some online resources?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links