Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0 troubleshooting

duncalsi75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has had the following problem when trying the task of clicking "Device Troubleshooting" under Device Center. I get the following error

CWA025: Could not launch the workflow.

CWA engine may not be running.

Restart the daemon manager of the server:On Windows: 1. Enter net stop crmdmgtd 2. Enter net start crmdmgtd On Solaris: 1. Enter /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop 2. Enter /etc/init.d/dmgtd start If the problem persists, contact the CiscoWorks server administrator.

I have tried restarting this service but to no avail. I also am unable to query my device's to get an Inventory Update, after several hours I get a timeout error. I can use CiscoView successfully so my SNMP settings are correct. Any ideas ?

Regards

Simon

31 Replies 31

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of LMS is this? On what platform?

Its is LMS 3.0 on Windows 2003 Server

Try reinitializing the opsxml database with the following command:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=opsxml dmprefix=Opsxml npwd=cisco

Then see if you're able to start the workflow.

Hi, have tried this and still encountering the same issue. Have you got any other ideas as to why the workflow is not starting ?

Simon

Enable CWA debugging under CWA > Admin > Log Level Settings. Then reproduce the problem, and post the CWA.log and the NMSROOT\objects\wfengine\Program\OpsXml.log and Datastore.log.

The opsXML file is dated 25th march, so there are no entries, the last is

OpsXML Server Starting at Tue Mar 25 15:54:52 2008

Datastore.log again the last entry is the 25th March

DataStore Exited @ Tue Mar 25 15:28:02 2008

DataStore Started @ Tue Mar 25 15:34:03 2008

DataStore Exited @ Tue Mar 25 15:49:29 2008

DataStore Started @ Tue Mar 25 15:54:59 2008

I have checked the server has the correct date and time

Please post the output of the pdshow command.

Please find pdshow attached

Shutdown dmgtd, and send the list of running processes.

Sorry do you want me to do a

net stop crmdmgtd

and then do a pdshow again ?

No, I want you to do a net stop crmdmgtd, then send me the list of all processes running on the server. Pdshow will not work with dmgtd shutdown, but I care about Windows processes at this point.

Here is the output of tasklist from Windows Resource Kit

Interestingly enough, one of my Windows servers was exhibiting the same problem. It turns out my wfengine processes had died, but pdshow reported OpsXMLRuntime was still running. Restarting OpsXMLRuntime fixed it for me. Restart dmgtd, and see if the workflow starts to work. If not, post a new process list and pdshow output now that dmgtd is running.

After a restart of dmgtd here is the pdshow and tasklist

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco