cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 Recommendation

victor2008
Level 1
Level 1

We are installing a two site UCM Business Edition solution. Main site single gateway will be setup as h323 gateway (due to need to run T.37/tcl scripts - to get faxes to emails).

We also have a vg224 at main site that will have faxes, modem and polycom conference stations off it. My question is, is the easiest way to set this vg224 up is as a sccp gateway registered to CCM? If so, can it still allow modem/fax passthrough? Or is modem/fax passthrough only allowed on h323

setup?

If you recommend h323 for VG224, do I simply point all dial-peers to the h323 main gateway that will have our PRI connected to it? So aside from virtual dial-peers that are created for devices connected, is it just voip dial-peers pointing to the h323 gatway (and not to CCM)? We do want supplementary services for analog phones/conference stations.

thanks in advance,

6 Replies 6

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Use MGCP for VG224, faxes work fine then.

--

regards,

PK

What about modem passthrough? I assume yes but need to be sure.

thank you PK

For me it worked fine.

--

regards,

PK

Hello

I'm looking for a config for a VG224 Gateway.

Can anybody provide me a configuration example, for MGCP or SCCP?

I like to configure the easiest way, I think it will be MGCP.

The Gateway will be installed only for Fax Machines.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Pascal

SCCP Controlled Analog (FXS) Ports with Supplementary Features in Cisco IOS Gateways

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t2/ht1vg224.html

Configuring the Cisco IOS MGCP Gateway

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017787b.shtml

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello

Yes, it seems to be working fine. I can send and receive faxes.

One last question about QoS...How I need to setup Qos on this Voice Gateway?

Thanks,

Pascal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: