cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE mailbox size

Abhijit.Das
Level 1
Level 1

For our CUE 2.3 users we have kept the mailbox size for all users as default 10000 secs. Now we ran out of mailboxes & hence had to resize a few to 1000 secs.

Now there was a user who was utilizing 3000 secs or 30% of her mail-box. I didn't notice it & I resized it to 1000 secs. I have not reseted the phone however. What happens to the existing VM's. Do anything over 1000 secs get deleted? Can someone help please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Abhijit,

No worries, 10 minutes for a friend is never too much to ask :) The licensing in CUE is much like Unity in that there are User licenses as well :(

This Link describes the procedures to upgrade or downgrade to a different license size for Cisco Unity Express systems without changing the release version. The procedures in this chapter apply whether you are upgrading to a license with support for ***more mailboxes, downgrading to a license with support for fewer mailboxes, or changing your Interactive Voice Response (IVR) licenses.

CUE only looks at the last License that was loaded, so these are not cumulative (You cannot add a 50 mailbox license to an existing 100 to acheive 150)

Co$t-wise this should be no different as you will receive the credit for the existing Mailbox License that you had already purchased and should only pay for the new VM Licenses!

For Example;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

•12-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-12CME=

•25-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-25CME=

•50-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-50CME=

•100-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-100CME=

•150-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-150CME=

•200-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-200CME=

•250-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-250CME=

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008087729a.html

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Abhijit,

The system will not let you downsize to a smaller amount than the user currently has stored. So you will be assured that the user will not lose any messages :)

Storage Allocation Per Mailbox

The administrator can specify, in seconds, the amount of message storage available independently for each individual subscriber's mailbox. This can be done at mailbox creation time or after the mailbox has been created. The total amount of storage allocated for all mailboxes cannot exceed the amount of message storage available on the Cisco Unity Express system. By default, all mailboxes created on a Cisco Unity Express system are the same size. The actual size depends on the hardware form factor (NM-CUE or AIM-CUE) and the mailbox license level on your system. Table 8 provided the different system defaults.

***If you want to change the message storage size for a subscriber after the mailbox already has some messages stored, the new mailbox size cannot be less than the current used space.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/CP_CIPExpress/cipce10.html#wp1010647

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Just don't know how to express my thanks to you, especially in the light of the fact that you were able to take time out to help me when you are handling such an important project tomorrow!!

It's a fantastic doc that you have sent me, it has everything I need.

One more thing - just wanted to confirm from you that by reducing the mailbox sizes in seconds for each user, we can allot more VM's. The licensing in CUE is not so rigid like in Unity where it's on a per user basis.

Regards,

Abhijit.

Rob,

Just don't know how to express my thanks to you, especially in the light of the fact that you were able to take time out to help me when you are handling such an important project tomorrow!!

It's a fantastic doc that you have sent me, it has everything I need.

One more thing - just wanted to confirm from you that by reducing the mailbox sizes in seconds for each user, we can allot more VM's. The licensing in CUE is not so rigid like in Unity where it's on a per user basis.

Regards,

Abhijit.

Hi Abhijit,

No worries, 10 minutes for a friend is never too much to ask :) The licensing in CUE is much like Unity in that there are User licenses as well :(

This Link describes the procedures to upgrade or downgrade to a different license size for Cisco Unity Express systems without changing the release version. The procedures in this chapter apply whether you are upgrading to a license with support for ***more mailboxes, downgrading to a license with support for fewer mailboxes, or changing your Interactive Voice Response (IVR) licenses.

CUE only looks at the last License that was loaded, so these are not cumulative (You cannot add a 50 mailbox license to an existing 100 to acheive 150)

Co$t-wise this should be no different as you will receive the credit for the existing Mailbox License that you had already purchased and should only pay for the new VM Licenses!

For Example;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

•12-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-12CME=

•25-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-25CME=

•50-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-50CME=

•100-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-100CME=

•150-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-150CME=

•200-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-200CME=

•250-mailbox package: SCUE-LIC-250CME=

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008087729a.html

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks again. Hope that your migration went well today.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Cheers...

Abhijit.

Hi Abhijit,

You are always welcome :) It's still Saturday Morning here (snowing and chilly) Our upgrade is scheduled to go from 6:00PM to 6:00AM (yikes!) Thanks for thinking of us buddy!

Take care,

Rob

Hi Rob,

How did everything go on Saturday night? The timings mentioned by you for the upgrade were scary, to say the least.

One personal question, are you located in Canada?

Take care,

Rob.

Hi Abhijit,

Didn't go to well :( We got hit by a hidden bug that only Cisco can see. Looks like they will be sending us an ES so we can load it and try again. We had to back out at about 4:00AM then drove home in a blizzard (yes, I do live in Canada :)

We will probably try again in a few weeks.

Thanks for checking in my friend!

Take care,

Rob

Rob,

Sad to know what happened on Saturday. There is nothing anyone can do with new bugs. That's life, I guess.

Pray the new ES released by Cisco fixes everything next time round.

Take care,

Abhijit.

Hi Abhijit,

No worries! We have come to expect issues when doing upgrades. We are currently trying to bring our lab into line so it mirrors our production environment. Until you have that there is always something that can bite you (crazy bugs ;-) when the actual upgrade takes place. But of course this takes time and money, so all in due time.

It's like "Murphys Law" of CCM Upgrades, make sure you have a good backout plan just in case.

Thanks again Abhijt!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: