cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display forwarding extension on CFwdAll

evangaever
Level 1
Level 1

I activated CFwdAll on my extension to forward all calls to my mobile. When I receive the call on my mobile I always see the main number of the line as caller ID if an external user is calling my extension. I know it is because the callmanager is sending the original number as caller id and ptt does not accept this. How can I make the callmanager send my extension as caller id.

7 Replies 7

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I would make a route pattern explicitly for your mobile and then under that route pattern change the calling number mask to your DID. See if that helps at all. This would be a quick fix, but I am not sure if there is a more "appropriate way"

metuzuner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Evan,

Let us know if you can get this accomplished. I tried Matt's fix above and it does not work; still shows billing #. Also, as far as I know, telco should have the ability to implement RNDIS (not sure about the acronym) that'd allow sending the forwarded call's caller ID properly.

Regards,

Mehmet

Any luck on this....we have users wanting this behavior as well. Thanks!

I would check the number on your gateways under caller id dn if you are running call manager. No matter how much you try to manipulate the digits, if the caller id dn is set to a certain number, it will always display that number no matter what.

I would check that and see what that is set to. If you erase the caller id dn on the gateway and you forward your calls to your mobile, your extension will show up on your caller id or whatever mask you set for your ext.

I have the same issue on our CM.

Is the "special arrangement" (routing must be done from the CM) from the PSTN-Provider activated?

What do you get when your IP Phone dials your mobile phone directly?

In the route pattern that gets selected to call your mobile phone, what are the settings under "calling party transformations"

Next

In your route list details, what is the setting for "Use Calling Party's external phone number mask?

If there a "calling party transform mask" defined on that page?

Next

If either the above are using external phone mask (default or ON), what is the External Phone Mask of your IP Phone's Directory number set to.

Next (I'm doing these in a specific order here from most granular to least granular.) What is the setting on the gateway Caller ID DN?(already discussed.) Should be blank.

last, is the telco honoring your ANI or just replacing everything with the billing telephoe number?

The ExternPhoneMAsk on the Line is the most granular but I had to discuss the route list and route pattern first. Use ExternMask not turned on then that setting doesn't matter.

sohaildxbfze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

take following steps

1. Under CM Menu Gateway>Calling Line ID Presentation Select Allowed AND Calling Party Selection Select "Last Redirect Number(External)

2.Under Route Pattern Menu>Calling Party Transformations

Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask

3. apply DN as external mask for the line

4.restart your gateway

If it helps rate the post

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: