Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on IBM server

I have an MCS 7835I04 (IBM server) that has an amber exclamation light on the front of it. Both hard drives look good and I do not see anything in the event logs. Does anyone know how I can find out what is causing this light? Are there any IBM utilities I can use to view errors?

Thanks,

Glenn

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hello Glenn,

Which LED is it that is showing as amber? If it is the second LED from the top (assuming

all four lights are in a column at the front panel, rather than a row of lights), then

this would be an indicator that there is no power redundancy (which could be a bad power

cable, a bad power supply, or simply that the second power supply is not plugged in at

all).

In the CD Media Box that is shipped with the server there should be a white CD with system Tools for HW Diagnostics

I'm currently remote to the server and do not remeber exactly which light it is. If it is a power supply problem, wouldn't that show up in the event logs?

Thanks,

Glenn

psellers
Level 4
Level 4

On one of our servers, we opened up the case (with it running) and found that there was an amber light next to one of the memory modules. In our case, we moved the memory modules to different slots (to see if the module or the slot was bad) and the problem was solved. We also didn't see any errors in Event Viewer with this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: