Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMM server and Video Portael Crash

Befoer I call in the TAC, wondered if anyone has run into this problem.

I have a pair of servers one running the DMM software and the other the VP software. Everything was going well until last night when the power went out unexpectedly and the servers rebooted and out of sequence. Now I can still get into the DMM part of the applications and I can get the video portal pages to come up on my pc. But the connection to the management of the Video Portal is hosed.

Firefox comes back with an error saying that "The page isn't redirecting properly" and "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." Internet Explorer just sits there waiting.

I know that when I get them into the server room there will be UPS but I really really do not want to have to rebuild the server again.

If no one has any briliant ideas, then I will be opening a TAC case.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Check for the reachabilty of the server.

Are you getting error message when the VP is coming up.

The VP server is accessable. I can get the video portal to display on my desktop, but I can not manage the application any more.

There were no errors when the VM machine was rebooted and coming up. The irqbalance process Failed when it was shutting down but came up fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: