ICND1 fair or unfair???

Unanswered Question
Mar 28th, 2008

I have my ICND1 scheduled in 2 weeks time and I'm studying really hard to pass.

But as I'm studying I'm always facing some question that I would assume they shouldn't be on ICND1 but on ICND2 exams. For example, the question bellow is ONE that I think it shouldn't be on ICND1:

"Examine the exhibit. According to the command output, choose the statements that correctly describe how EIGRP will react when the route 10.1.5.0/24 through 10.1.4.2 fails:"

I'm not gonna put the rest, but on ICND1 there is nothing related to EIGRP and it's functions. And that was not the only question on my BOSON software. I downloaded only ICND1.

Will the exam ask me things like the question above? If so, I think I should finish reading both books and practice both labs and then, take the ICND1, and not prepare myself just for 1 exam!

Please, can someone out there help out?

Many tks!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jlriley5117 Fri, 03/28/2008 - 13:02

Boson's software is sometimes not the most reliable, especially when it comes to the books' software. It certainly wouldn't hurt you to know EIGRP and its functions, but just because Boson messed a question up, doesn't necessarily mean its something you'll be tested on. In fact, I've pointed out several fallicies on their software, such as incorrect answers.

JamezMO64 Thu, 04/03/2008 - 16:49

Im with you. When i first started to study the ICND1 book, I would load up just the chapters that i had completed let say 1,2 & 3. Next thing i know i getting questions that refer to chapt 10,14 & 16. The boson software seems to be a great way to blow your confidence.

grichardson661 Fri, 04/04/2008 - 00:02

I purchased the - CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide (CCENT Exam 640-822 and CCNA Exam 640802) (Exam Certification Guide) (Hardcover)

This book comes with a boson ICND1 exam and i haven't had any problems with the exam software, all questions have been relatated to the chapters in the book.

grichardson661 Fri, 04/04/2008 - 00:07

I purchased the - CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide (CCENT Exam 640-822 and CCNA Exam 640802) (Exam Certification Guide) (Hardcover)

This book comes with a boson ICND1 exam and i haven't had any problems with the exam software, all questions have been related to the chapters in the book.

I hope I don't have any EIGRP questions whne it comes to the live exam, i know the basics like the AD, it's a Classless Protocol, balanced hybrid, supports VSLM, sends the mask in the update etc... But that's just about it.

nicklauscombs Fri, 04/04/2008 - 05:38

Ive often seen that happen with software based practice tests and seeing as you said you know the basic info on EIGRP I wouldn't sweat it. just keep on studying hard till test time and good luck!

Actions

This Discussion