cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My first Cisco - please help

granzow12
Level 1
Level 1

At the company I work, the guy who usually fix these things are gone for good, and now Im trying to do me best keeping the network running.

Today we got our Cisco Access point 521, and there were no documentation with at all, so I dont know where to start.

Can someone tell me from scratch how to do? I tried plugging it to the network, and located its IP from the DC servers DHCP list.

I then(newbie I am) tried typing in the IP on my browser, thought I could configure it from the browser, but nothing happened.

What is the procedure for accessing and configuring this AP?

Thanx in advance.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

I am not an expert with the 521 by any means but I think this info should get you started :)

In the standalone architecture, you can deploy up to three standalone AP521s and configure them using the CCA (Cisco Configuration Assistant)

Refer to the Cisco Smart Business Communications System Setup document, Section 4, "Deploy Basic or Multi-AP Wireless," follow the steps listed in the section entitled "Deploy Cisco 521 Series Wireless Express Access Points in Standalone Mode" to deploy your standalone AP521s.

Cisco Smart Business Communications System Setup

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps8289/c1689/ccmigration_09186a008090310d.pdf

Cisco Configuration Assistant

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7287/index.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi !

Thanx for all your help.

That got me a little further, now I could actually download the CCA.

The Smart business communications systems setup always refere to a UC500 device, but I guess I could try to skip that part and see if I can use the info anyway.

But Im still not sure how to access the AP. Could I just plug it to the network, and install the CCA software and access it from there?

Thanx in advance.

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: