cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Names not displayed on voicemail

greg.huber
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue where voicemails that are received by my users only displays the called party's number ie."Message from an unidentified caller (6135555211)". I want to set it up so that the name of the called party is displayed in the message. I know we are getting the information from our carrier because we can see the name of the calling party on the phones when calls come in. I am running CallManager 4.1 and using Unity version 4.2(1.0).

7 Replies 7

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

In Unity in the SA - profile page, what is number of that subscriber?

6135555211 or 6511

Are there alternate extentions?

Is the call from and outside extension? If it is you can set up an alternate extension for that subsciber and Unity will recognize it.

rlp

This is a call that was received from an outside party. These are not extension to extension calls from within the organization.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What do you mean by name? You mean the Caller ID name? or just the digits?

I am referring to the Caller ID name. Currently we only see the 10 digit phone number, but would like to have the Caller ID name.

I dont think that is possible. If it does not show up on your IP phone display, it will not show up on your Unity system. I have seen the names come through at the Router, but I have never seen it pass through to the display on the IP phone or Unity.

anyone else?

the name does appear on the IP phone display, however, that same name is not in the message field of the e:mail in my inbox that contains the voicemessage that was left. Instead the message field simply states "Message from an unidentified caller (4163691161)" as an example.

You may be able to look in the advanced tools in the Unity Tools depot. I know you can manipulate some of the subject lines.

Possibly, if the name is your contact list in Outlook, it might pull the name from there as well.

Good question though! be interesting to see the outcome

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: