Views
Helpful
Replies

A Design Question

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello There,

I just finished a Cisco IPT Implementation in the HQ of one of our customers and studing the possibility of going through the other sites in 20 different cities in 4 different countries. In the HQ we have full blown CallManager. I am doing the design for the next site which has about 150 users/IP Phones. At the begining, I was thinking of a centrilized solution but now I am studing the possibility of using the distributed Call Processing by putting a CME and CUE in order to minimuze the bandwidth utilization (Voicemail, MOH etc). Curently, the maximum available bandwidth is a T1 and it's already at 70% of utilization. Please advice if there's a bether approch.

Thanks,

Bahman

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are pros/cons to have a distributed and centralized. Since your bandwidth is low, you can purchase CMEs then use H323 trunks between the two sites and limit calls between sites. But you will have to manage another CME,etc. Since you do not have the bandwidth for 150 you will need to look at your pros/cons of having distributive model. There are ways to centrally manage CMEs through one "dashboard" or interface. but you lose some functionality of having a centralized IPT system.

MOH can be loaded on SRST routers, so that is not a problem. (by pass multicast and streams through the T1, etc)

If you centralized at 70 percent, you are limiting your calling ablity through the T1 for voicemail, Callhandlers, etc. My calcs say you have 450k of bandwidth for calls. Possibly it might work, but you are on the very very edge of maxing out your T1.

Thanks Tommer,

Could you please send me some more info about the dashboard. Any links on how to configure can help greatly.

MK