cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking external caller ID

ledeenhalloran
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with one of our CM Clusters. We normally set up access code 16 as a code users dial before the 9 and tel number, and we have a route pattern that's set to block the external caller ID. However one site wont block caller ID even though I have the exact settings as out other sites where the feature works.

This office is in Shanghai and I'm testing by calling my DID line in US.

I set up Route Pattern 169.001! and in it have set "Called Party Transformations" Calling Line ID and Calling Name Presentation to Restricted.

I also pointed the route to a Route List/with a Route group that the

Calling Party Transformation setting has "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" to OFF.

In the Voice gateway, I have the Calling Routing section, for OUTBOUND calls "Calling ID Presentation" to Default, so it should follow the Route Pattern and or route group settings, shouldn't it?

the external caller ID is still displaying when I dial 169 and the number....

suggestions?

Thanks

Ledeen Halloran

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

All you say is true.

What if you apply that at RL level for that site.

In the IOS GW what actually you are seeing?

Do you see the very original caller ID or the Main DID for that circuit

some Telcos when 1 of this flags is enabled they pass main number.

Which type of circuit you are using in that Location? T1, E1..R2, PRI ?

MGCP or H323?

let us know

Well I applied the restriction in both the Route Pattern and the route Group/RL

Not sure about the gateway question,

I set up a specific Route pattern to test over just one group of trunks that were the LD PRI trunks

So in answer to the question of circuit Type, its in Shanghai so they use PRI E1 type circuit.

Its the DID number of my Shanghai phone that displays, not the main number, so I am sure the Call manager is passing it. Verses the telco carrier.

And they're all MGCP voice gateways, the only H323 we use if for our gatekeepers.

Thanks!

Try to debug isdn q931 in Shanghai vgw, then From two different places to call Shanghai local ext. phone number.

This can show you the detail caller/called information.

lagos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ledeen,

What version of CUCM are you running?

Thanks,

CJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: