Replies

CCM Error

ben-sharpibm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Has anyone seen te following error in CCM?;

Error

The following error occurred while trying to retrieve the information for the requested server.

An unknown or unidentifiable error occurred during processing. (1)

It occurs in the main CCM administrator when "adding a phone" or search for a device etc.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

What is the CCM version including SR or ES if you have?

If I remember correctly there was a bug on CCM 4.1(3) about this, so please post more information about your version and the actual error. Does it appear with any type of phone or just with 3rd generation phones?

Cisco Call manager version: 4.1(3)

The Cisco Extended Functions service has stopped, this shouldn't be causing any problems other than with the call back should it?

Error when opening main CCM Administrator page: "Cisco CallManager CDBLException Dump: [Object creation failed] Administration"

Event Log Application Error:" kDbConnectionFailed - Database connection failed.

Additional Information: Could not create data instance. ReturnCode= [0x8007000E]

App ID: Cisco Database Layer Monitor

Cluster ID: BCC_**_CCM1-Cluster

Node ID: **.**.**.**

Explanation: An attempt to connect to database failed.

Recommended Action: Enable trace for the database layer monitor to get specific error information.. "

Thanks

Hi Ben,

Are you using 4.1(3) flat? No ES or SR?

No other CallProcessing functions should be affected...if CEF is stopped but error can indicate other seriours problems.

Did you change recently the Hostname, IP,

When you go to CCM Admin system | server

Both matches?

How many NICs are enabled?

How many servers?

Could you please run Adminutility and verify passwords are synched, dont reset the passwords if servers are in production.

Open SQL Enterprise Manager and verify status of Replication

Open Event viewer and check errors in Secuirty log or App...

Check hosts, lmhosts...

HTH

Hi Ben,

OK, first of all I have found that these problems are only happening on the Publisher � the subscriber is working fine.

I notice when looking at Cisco Call Manager Component Versions it says �Latest Installed Verison Out Of Sync�

Looking at the SQL side � it looks like the problem could be with replication � what is the best way to verify this?

Are you using 4.1(3) flat? No ES or SR?

I believe that it�s just the flat version

No other CallProcessing functions should be affected...if CEF is stopped but error can indicate other seriours problems.

Did you change recently the Hostname, IP,

Hostname/IP have never been changed since implementation � however one box was recently taken off the network for a short period of time before being re-added

When you go to CCM Admin system | server

Both matches?

How many NICs are enabled?

There is only one NIC enabled on each box � also the teaming driver has been installed which this one NIC is running off

How many servers?

There are two CCM servers

Could you please run Adminutility and verify passwords are synched, dont reset the passwords if servers are in production.

How do you tell if the passwords are synched? � I believe they are however

Open SQL Enterprise Manager and verify status of Replication

Open Event viewer and check errors in Secuirty log or App...

Check hosts, lmhosts...

Under application event viewer there are quite a few of the following error:

Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 2000

Device name [Optional].: SEP0017952B7BC5

Device IP address.: XX.XX.XX.XX

Device type. [Optional]: 30007

Reason Code [Optional].: 1

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: BCC_XX_CCM1-Cluster

Node ID: XX.XX.XX.XX

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

A packet with ICMP configuration was detected. Reason: ICMP configuration code. ICMP: XX.XX.XX.XX->XX.XX.XX.XX type redirect/01. The operation was denied.

Also on the publisher:

Error: kDBCheckDblGetNodeNameFailed - Database layer select my process node failure.

App ID: Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App

Cluster ID: BCC_XX_CCM1-Cluster

Node ID: XX.XX.XX.XX

Explanation: The database layer was unable to find/determine the current node on which this service is running.

Recommended Action: Configure the database properly..

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Check under program files\cisco\bin

ccm.exe in both boxes should be the same

Properties Product version.

Im attaching DBLhelper which is a good start.

Rename it to .exe and run it in PUB

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801e7ddf.shtml

My recommendation will be opening a TAC case to check your server

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: