Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Forward inbound (external) calls to another extension

smeren
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I'm facing the following problem with callmanager 6, ew have an operator that stops working at 18.00 and she needs to forward all incoming call, external and internal, to another extension. The problem is that only internal calls are redirected the external simply do not work, they're still ringind on the operator's phone.

Kind regards

6 Replies 6

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

What exactly is your scenario? Is the receptionist using Attendant Console? What is your call flow?

I'm using a hunt list which handles all incoming calls to the operators dn. She is not using the attendant console but i do have a pilot point number with call queue.

On your hunt pilot what do you have set on your

Forward Hunt No Answer, Forward hunt busy, and Maximum hunt timer? I would tweak these settings to your preferences. Maybe change the Hunt timer to 4 rings then go to your external DN on hunt no answer?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmcfg/b03htpil.html#wp1023973

use TOD for that, if you already know at what time she goes home configure the schedules according to that.

Time-of-Day Routing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmsys/a03tod.html

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Maybe it is the way of doing, but it's quite strange the call forward not working, perhaps this feature do not apply for what i pretende.

i will follow your sugestion, the use of tod, and see the results.

One last question it is possible to program holidays?

Tankx

Sergio

the way to make this work would be to create a translation rule or a CTI RP with the same DN as the pilot point with CFA and use TOD so that when the girl goes home what you reach is not the pilot point.

you can create a TP and hard-code what you want to send to unity as the calling or called # and create a routing rule so they reach a general MB or the MB of a specific subscriber

yes, it's possible to config holidays, there is an option to configure just a particular day and not something that will repeat each week.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java