madhav_jsr
Level 1
Level 1

Has any one configured two central manager in one Core WAAS appliance

4 Replies 4

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am assuming you are inquiring about configuring a Standby Central Manager address. You only have to configure the primary CM in the WAE config (central-manager address x.x.x.x or hostname) and if your system has a standby CM already registered to the Primary CM, then the Standby CM's address is replicated to the WAE via the CMS database. You shouldn't have to configure anything as long as CMS is running.

Hope that helps,

Dan

what about switch over btween standby and primary is that manual (should i manual force standby to be primary) or the standby become primary automatic (in case of primary faild).

The switch between standby to primary is manual. However, even if there is a CM outage, optmization and everything continues to run, you just won't be able to collect stats or push out new configs.

Once you promote the Standby, all the WAEs swap over and register to the new Primary CM within 2 polling cycles.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Hello,

I want to ask about the CM hardware requirements.

I have a lot of WAVE devices ranging from old WAE 674 to new 294s and 594s.

I have to replace the CM which is EoS (WAE 512) with a new WAVE device.

Can i buy a WAVE 294 and use it as CM in such an environment? Or i will need a bigger hardware like WAVE 594 or 694?

Are there any limitations for using WAVE 294 as CM for future upgrades?

Regards,

Anand

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: