cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5.1 RME Inventory RME Collector Help!

david.santel
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to get the collection/inventory to work in RME 4.0.4

It gives me error when i check on validation credentials:

---None of the devices have credential verification data.---

When I check the logs it says:

10.20.1.40 Device type not supported.

Job Type: Inventory Collection

Job Owner: admin

Start Time: Sat Mar 29 15:36:35 PST 2008

End Time: Sat Mar 29 15:36:37 PST 2008

Schedule Type: Immediate

Device Summary

Device Details: 10.20.1.40

Total: 1

Scanned: 1

Pending: 0

Successful: No Changes: 0

Failed: 1

Successful: With Changes: 0

I can see in LMS both my switches setup with SNMP. I can view them in DFM and CS and they were

discover in Common services without issue. I have checked and double checked SNMP read string

and telnet ID and Password. Those are all working.

I have verified SNMP is working and can walk the SNMP tree.

Has anyone ran into this before? Any suggestions?

20 Replies 20

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, RME 4.0.4 is quite old relatively speaking. You should consider upgrading to LMS 2.6 which currently includes RME 4.0.6. A lot of bug fixes and new device support have gone into this version. LMS 2.6 is freely downloadable from Cisco.com at http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/lan-planner.shtml .

The error you're getting here points to the device not being supported by RME. What type of device is 10.20.1.40? What is its sysObjectID?

Well it's happening on both switches.

Core- 4570r "bootflash:cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-31.SGA.bin"

Access Layer 3560G-48TS 12.2(25) = 10.20.1.40

I did find both switches in the supported doc.

How do I find the sysobject? I will try downloading LMS 2.6 and see what that does for me. Anyothe ideas?

Thank you for your help! Its much appriciated!

You can get the sysObjectID by going to Device Center > SNMP Walk, and specify sysObjectID for the starting OID. You can then go to Common Services > Software Center > Device Updates and click on the number next to Resource Manager Essentials. In the pop-up that comes up, search for the sysObjectID (without the leading .).

Even if it says the sysObjectID is supported by doing that, you could have a package problem, especially if this is Windows. If you find this to be the case, you will need to uninstall and reinstall RME. But before you do that, you will need to set the TEMP and TMP per-user and global environment variables to something short like C:\WINDOWS\TEMP. You will also need to disable anti-virus software.

If this is LMS on Solaris, you could still have a package problem which will force you to reinstall RME, but you will not need to do any tasks before hand.

I installed LMS 2.6 still getting error:

"Devive not supported.

I downloaded the 3560 and 4000 packs. Still same error.

Whats the best wat to uninstall and reinstall RME in windows without destroying LMS?

Thanks again for your help.

It sounds like you do have a package problem. Since you've already moved to LMS 2.6, you will not be able to reinstall only RME. At this point, you should take a backup of LMS data, uninstall LMS, then reinstall LMS 2.5.1 (after doing the steps I mentioned in my previous post) then immediately patch to LMS 2.6, then apply the CS 3.0.6, RME 4.0.6, DFM 2.0.10, and Campus Manager 4.0.10 updates after that.

Once you upgrade to those versions, you will have all of the currently available device support.

The way you will know the device package installation is successful is that the .zip files in NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\pkgs and NMSROOT\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\rme are exactly the same.

How could they be reachable in all the other modules but not RME! It's just driving me nuts!

Because RME's package repository is corrupt. We see this all the time especially on Windows. It is typically the result of a bad installation.

I am getting the below but looks like SNMP is working. What packages do I need to download to support the 4570r and 3560G-48TS?

Name: Device Credential Verification Job Work Order

Summary: General Info

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job Id: 1043

Owner: admin

Description: ert

Schedule Type: Immediate

Creation Time: 29 Mar 2008 19:31:48

Start Time: 29 Mar 2008 19:31:48

Credentials Selected: Read Community, Read Write Community, Telnet.

Devices Selected: 10.10.0.1, 10.20.1.40.

End Time: 29 Mar 2008 19:31:51

Email-Id(s):

Device Name Read

Community Write

Community Telnet

1. 10.20.1.40 Device Not Supported Device Not Supported Device Not Supported

2. 10.10.0.1 Device Not Supported Device Not Supported Device Not Supported

david.santel
Level 1
Level 1

Now my 3650G is giving this error after upgrading to LMS 2.6

error: Transport session to device failed. Cause: Authentication failed on device.

I am using TELNET and TFTP in archive settings.

Any ideas whats going on?

This error is usually a true positive, and means that the credentials entered in DCR are not correct for this device. If your protocol order is TELNET followed by TFTP, and telnet should succeed, check DCR to make sure the Username and Password credentials are correct for this device in addition to the enable password credential.

If they all check out, a sniffer trace should quickly show where the problem lies. You can also enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, re-run the job, and check the dcmaservice.log for errors.

david.santel
Level 1
Level 1

When I go into Device Center and try to use the Telnet funcion it goes to

error: telnet://10.20.1.40/ Web page can't be displayed. Could this be a symptom of not being able to Telnet to switch to get SNMP settings? I can view both switches via Cisco Works. If that tells you anything?

Thanks

Also in Device Center it says this for the

Device Alert Identifier:

Device Alert Identifier 00000RX !

What is this telling us?

Also when I run in Device Center:

TFTP fails. Could this be the issue? How to fix?

Management Station to Device:

Note: Protocol connectivity has been checked. Credentials for the protocol have not been tested.

Interface Found: 10.20.1.40

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test Results

UDP Okay

sent: 5 recvd: 5 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 2 size: 64 protocol: udp port: 7

TCP Okay

sent: 1 recvd: 1 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 2 size: 512 protocol: tcp port: 7

HTTP Okay

sent: 5 recvd: 5 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 2 size: 33 protocol: http port: 80

TFTP Failed

sent: 5 recvd: 0 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 2 size: 25 protocol: tftp port: 69

SNMPRv1/v2c Failed

sent: 5 recvd: 0 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 2 size: 91 protocol: snmp_get port: 161

SNMPWv1/v2c Okay

sent: 5 recvd: 5 min: 0 max: 0 avg: 0 timeout: 2 size: 91 protocol: snmp_set port: 161

SSH Failed

TELNET Okay

This indicates you have a bad SNMP read-only string configured in DCR for the device. That is a serious problem. You need to correct that credential. The fact that TFTP is failing simply means you have not enabled a TFTP server on the device. This is not used by LMS, so having TFTP fail is not a problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco