Unanswered Question
Mar 30th, 2008

I just realized that my CCNA expires in less than a month. SOmeone suggested taking the ISCW because it is the easiest of the four. I have read the other forum entries and am starting to think that may not be the best way to go. For the past year I have mainly been working with Sidewinder G2 firewalls and doing basic stuff on Cisco routers and switches (ACLs, VLAN configs, port activations), but not much routing at all. I don't want to just try and memorize stuff to pass an exam, so I was thinking I need longer to prepare for the BSCI or BCMSN. I have no experience with IPV6 or Multicasting. I appreciate your ideas or thoughts. Thanks! Dan

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
johnd2310 Sun, 03/30/2008 - 04:13

ISCW is easier if you have some ios security and cisco SDM experience. I personally found the BCMSN easier and would recommend you give that a try first. Most of the stuff on the BCMSN blueprint you will find configured on most networks and therefore, the stuff you really need to study for is pretty small.

brianjpisa Sun, 03/30/2008 - 06:10

The ISCW is definitely not the easiest of the four, partly because there is not any good study material for it. I found that the ONT was the easiest followed by BCMSN, ISCW, and BSCI being the hardest.

wgibbons21 Sun, 03/30/2008 - 08:12

I agree that ONT is the easiest of the CCNP exams if you have some understanding or a frame of reference for QoS. However if all you want is a CCNA recert, then the ICND2 is easiest IMHO, since you already passed a similar exam in the past.

dan_sally Tue, 04/01/2008 - 03:08

Thanks to all of you. I think I am going to give the BCMSN a shot.

This Discussion