Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS-7845-H2 and Unity

idupreez_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm building a Unity 5 UM with Exchange 2007 setup.

The Platform configuration disks that were shipped with it is not working.

I tried another older disk I have as well. None of them boot with the disk and load the OS.

I looked closer, and saw the Servers I got are MCS-7845-H2 A0.

I can't find anything on Cisco about the A0 server. It's also not on the Supported hardware list.

What are these, and how do I now manage?

Should I load the OS manually with smart start or contact Cisco for a Platform distk that works on them?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, make sure you received what you ordered with whomever you ordered the server from. Unity can always be installed with a retail version of the OS. We have in our documentation a section for that. See here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/vmexnofo/5xcuigvmenofo040.html

Specficially the link "Installing Windows Server 2003 by Using a Retail Windows Server 2003 Disc."

Tray

Well first, my order says MCS-7845-H2-ECS2 like always.

But delivered were the A0 servers. Don't know these servers.

Think it might be the platform config disks I have.

See, I have to use older ones because these servers didn't come with any.

Is there any way I can get hold of it quickly? Downloading from somewhere or so?

Thanks

i just looked and you're right, i cannot find anything on those server

Cisco MCS 7845-H2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/product_data_sheet0900aecd80587390.html

i would suggest you to get in touch with our Customer Service to verify if they sent you the right servers because it might be just some issue with the tags but better be sure

about downloading the PCD that is not possible, we only have the Unity installs on CCO but no the PCDs

you can try looking what the SN shows up for that server:

www.cisco.com/go/scc

Click Login to SCC. After logging in do a Quick Search by serial number.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the help and the quick replies.

Seems I will have to manually load the OS.

Ian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: