Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find the ANI in the outbound script

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

I discover that the numbers in the import file are coming as ANI and that is what we see in the CTIOS client (for outbound, the blended agent software).

I need to capture this ANI in the script and store it as a variable (any of the vairables) to be passed for the Gateway ODBC.

Any one knows how can I store the ANI? Under which variable? Under which icon and properties I can find it?

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

16 Replies 16

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I'm not sure you can do it server-side.

The ICM script is finding an agent to send the reservation call to. Once it finds an agent, it will reserve them and call a customer (more than 1 if over-dialing is set). If the customer answers, the other end is transferred to the agent. If the customer does not answer, the agent is kept reserved and another call is placed to another customer. You can easily see this. These are calls to different customers - yet the routing script was unaware of this.

I could not figure out how to do it server-side.

I think you will find that client-side lookup is the way to go. Since you are using CTIOS client, you can take the CTI OS Toolkit application and add VB (say) code to do the lookup, making a customised CTIOS Soft Phone.

You would not need to use the ANI, but the BAAccountNumber - which you loaded during the import process. This can easily be the primary key to a table in the back-end system you need to query.

I have done this for a customer using Outbound Direct Preview and it worked nicely.

Regards,

Geoff

Dear Geoff;

Your answer is very helpful.

Now if I proceeded in BAAcountNumber, the question is: how can I know that this call is that BAAcounNumber? In other words, it will pass first number then second number and so on, so each time is passing how can I determine which BAAcountNumber to be used?

I might need to ask it as following:

In the script, how can I know which BAAcountNumber in the table that I have to use with the current call that will be send for the CTIOS client?

Any advise?

Regards

Bilal

Sorry Geoff;

Do u mean that the BAAcountNumber is the CustID in the table, so based on that CustID then I can determine the WorkPhone? But maybe I need to us DB Lookup node to be able to query based on the CustID and have the WorkPhone.

Is it like that?

Regards

Bilal

I tried call.BAAccountNumber but it is blank, I tried the following:

I used set variable icon, and I set the call.PeripheralVariable1=BAAcountNumber

But I discovered that nothing assigned to the PeripheralVariable1.

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

Do I need to do any settings in the Blended Agent configuration manager to be able to use the BAAccountNumber?

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

Did you solve this problem? i'm having the same issue .. variable is filled with

When you created the file for the Import process to parse, you can set the BAAccountNumber for each row - with the customer name and number to call.

Regards,

Geoff

can you please explain some more ..

i'm taking about script editor .. i'v set there:

call.PeripheralVariable1=BAAcountNumber

but the variable in termination_call_detail is still empty .. this while Variable2 is filled

if you are refering to the import of the outbound calls .. the accountnumber is imported.. do i need to do something special to import it in the BAAcountNumber?

No. That ECC variable is where it is stored.

Regards,

Geoff

are you refering to ECCValue in Termination_Call_Variable?

but what is filling Variable1..10 in Termination_Call_Detail? all using Wrap-Data from Agent Desktop?

It has been my experience that you cannot see the BAAccount Number in the reservation script. You will see it at the desktop. I don't know why this is so.

Regards,

Geoff

thats really strange .. the BAAccountNumber is indeed shown at the desktop in my case .. its really strange that its not possible to transfer the BAaccount to the TCD.

The outbound ECC variables will always be null in the reservation scripts, so you will not be able to manipulate them in script editor. The reason for this is described in one of the earlier posts: a single reservation call might correspond to multiple customer calls, so it would not make sense to have any customer data associated to the reservation route request. The customer data is set after the dialer reserves an agent via a CTI update. If you need to perform some processing on the outbound ECC variables, you can do this via CTIOS customization.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: