Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory handler wav file customization

cparapally
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Using Unified Messaging 4.0(5), I have created a new directory handler for one of my customers.

When users selects the directory handlers option, by default, system is prompting with a wav file: "spell the last and first name then press #. For Q press 7, for z press 9 and for help press 0".

Lot of users are getting confused with this wav file!! For example, if they want to search for name, Drunkarne, they are trying to press 378652763#. To avoid this, client asked me to change the wav file with customised one, saying, "Press first 4 characters of last name and press#."

Is it possible to modify the system default wav file in directory handler with customized wav file? If so, could you please guide me where I need to change the wav file for directory handler?

Many thanks,

Mady

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mady,

My understanding of this is that if the Directory Handler is set to use Last Name then First Name (which I think yours currently is) then the system looks for \Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AddrSearch\AVAddrSearchENU006.wav.

Then from the notes;

Select the variation you want (sounds like you want AvAddrSearchENU006_12 Enter the first few letters of the last name then press #), rename the prompt (i.e. strip the "_01" off the end) and copy it over the corresponding prompt in the above directory (AVAddrSearchENU006.wav.)

You should be good to go :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mady,

I don't beleive you can do this yourself but there are some good choices that are supported here;

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I gone through the url.

I am confused how and where I need to set the wav file in \Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AddrSearch folder to an alternate directory handler. I didn't find any option in directory handler to play a wav file before searching the directory.

Could you please guide me?

Many thanks,

Mady

Hi Mady,

My understanding of this is that if the Directory Handler is set to use Last Name then First Name (which I think yours currently is) then the system looks for \Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AddrSearch\AVAddrSearchENU006.wav.

Then from the notes;

Select the variation you want (sounds like you want AvAddrSearchENU006_12 Enter the first few letters of the last name then press #), rename the prompt (i.e. strip the "_01" off the end) and copy it over the corresponding prompt in the above directory (AVAddrSearchENU006.wav.)

You should be good to go :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob.

I am able to customize it as you said :)

Many thanks,

Mady

Hi Mady,

You are most welcome, glad to be of some small help here:)

Take care,

Rob

Hi all,

is It possible to do this in Unity connection 2.x. ? I'm looking for a method but I don't found anything.

Thanks a lot

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: