Views
Helpful
Replies

"Display VCs between devices" in Topology Services

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to see the VC stablished between 2 ATM devices using Topology Services from LMS 3.0.

I select an ATM domain and choose "Display View", select 2 devices and the link between them and go to "Tools/Display VCs/Between devices" and always the next messages appears:

"Please select the two end hosts and corresponding ATM links to view the VCs between them".

How can I obtain the VC between the selected devices?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should be seeing all of the VCs between those two devices that have those links as end points.

I'm not sure I understand your second question. I believe that's what you're doing when you select two devices and two links.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for this to work, you must select two devices and two ATM links. The devices cannot be WAN switches or ATM switches. That is, you should pick two devices that connect via an ATM switch, but not the switch itself.

Thank you very much for your reply, now I can view the VC's between 2 devices!!

But now I have another question: when I select 2 devices and 2 ATM links, what kind of data is shown by Topology Services: all the VC's passing through that links and devices?

If I wanted to select a device as an origin and another as destiny for a VC, how do I choose the devices?

Thank you very much.

You should be seeing all of the VCs between those two devices that have those links as end points.

I'm not sure I understand your second question. I believe that's what you're doing when you select two devices and two links.

I only have to look at p2p VCs, and I was looking also at those labeled as p2mp, and I didn't understand that information.

Thank you very much for your replies, Joe!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: