Level 3

Hi Pros,

I have a IVR requirement which is as below:

1) Welcome caller

2) Provide following options

- If u know extension, dial it now

- or else press 2 for call center

- or else press 0 for operator

Now the problem is, my extensions are 4 digit in length and if caller presses single digit to reach operator or call center, the IVR does not route the call.

How can I achieve such a thing in the script? Also, for 0 I have translation pattern to operator, but for 2 (call center) I cannot create as I have extensions starting 2XXX.

So if caller presses 2, IVR script needs to translate it to 4 digit extension number of call center before sending to ccm.

I am attaching my current script which is not completely working and only the above query needs to be corrected in the script.

Regards,

Pratik

3 Replies 3

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

AFAIK you should use slightly different scenario:

1) Welcome caller

2) Provide following options (Menu step)

- If u know extension, press 1 (then collect 4 digits - collect digits step)

- or else press 2 for call center

- or else press 0 for operator

--

regards,

PK

That would have been last option, but I managed to get it working. Under the Get Digit String node, there is a timeout node wherein I put a If Node which states Extension==0 if true then redirect call to reception, if false go to next If Node which states Extension==2 if true then redirect call to Call Center, if false disconnect call.

With any type of coding there is more then one way to fix your problem. Here how I solved the problem

First create a variable call vDialPlan set type as string, and value as "2". Then create another variable called vGetExtension set type as string.

Then do a get digit string. Set your Input Length to 3, terminating, and cancel digit to None.

Then in your redirect destination put vDialPlan.concat( vGetExtension )

This will add to the "2" to the front of the get digit number.