Views
Helpful
Replies

PVC autoprovisioning

richard.jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Does anyone know what platform routers the PVC autoprovisioning “create on-demand command” works on. I can see that it is supported on the 7200, 7300, 7600 and 10000 routers but was wondering if any of the lower spec routers can support it in order to keep the cost down for my customers.

Kind regards

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A 3800 would not differ from a 3700 using the same software.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, beside the availability or not of the specific command on the smaller platform, if you intend to use an ISR-class router as BRAS that would be a big risk, because there is no specific testing done by cisco for that, neither the specific code 12.2SB is available.

Hi Cheers for the quick response.

This soloution is designed for around 40 remote sites and each site will have two PVCs to two head end routers. Our Broadband department currently uses ISP routers and the PVC's are terminated via the Create on-demand interface. I was hoping to use this on a lower spec router instead of configuring each VC.

If this command is suported on a lower spec router it would be handy to know.

Kind regards

Richard

Not sure. For 40 PVCs however I would bite the bullet and configure manually, beside being an enterprise design you're likely to add some additional config to the subif/ anyway

After you done that once, you're sure it's working and end of story.

Hi Thanks for you input on this, The router I used to prove the design in the Lab was a 3700 router and it would not take the create on-demand command. If anyone knows if a 3800 can support this as I can not see that option on Software Advisor

A 3800 would not differ from a 3700 using the same software.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: