Replies

LMS 3.0 Best Practices Deviations

gibbinformatik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On my LMS 3.0 under the Best Practices Deviations i got the following message:

BPDU-Guard disabled on access ports

When i check the config of the according switch i see that bpdu-gard is enabled by default.

spanning-tree mode pvst

spanning-tree portfast default

spanning-tree portfast bpduguard default

spanning-tree portfast bpdufilter default

interface FastEthernet0/1

switchport access vlan 27

switchport mode access

no ip address

no logging event link-status

no snmp trap link-status

no cdp enable

Can anyone explain to me, why LMS tells me to configure bpdu-guard on every interface seperately?

thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We stopped looking at the Physical Discrepancy and Logical Discrepancy reports produced by Campus Manager since LMS 2.2 because of this issue. The bottom line is LMS is just not sophisticated enough to know all the assorted configuration possibilities. So LMS ends up producing these false-positives unless it sees the switches are configured only the way it deems "correctly"--apparently per-interface BPDU guard in this instance. In short, simply ignore it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What type of device is this?

It's a 3560 48Port Switch running c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE3.bin

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We stopped looking at the Physical Discrepancy and Logical Discrepancy reports produced by Campus Manager since LMS 2.2 because of this issue. The bottom line is LMS is just not sophisticated enough to know all the assorted configuration possibilities. So LMS ends up producing these false-positives unless it sees the switches are configured only the way it deems "correctly"--apparently per-interface BPDU guard in this instance. In short, simply ignore it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: