Views
Helpful
Replies

load balancing on a Redundant Bridging

daysleeper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

i need to configure a wireless link using two bridge on a single side of the link(4 bridge total),i want to aggregate wireless link with Redundant Bridging but i don't know if the bandwidth is 54mbit or is double?!?

There is a hint or a method to double the bandwidth of a link using aironet bridge?(wireless-g)

Thanks and best regards,

Carlo S.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You really won't get 54mbit more like half... because of the overhead.

If you use two birdges on both ends, you can either load balance via vlan priority or you can etherchannel the links and let etherchannel load balance depending on what you set it to.

You really can't double your bandwidth by adding more links. If you need more bandwidth per link, then you will have to go another route besides Cisco.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

using etherchannel on a wireless link is useful only for a redundant link? The speed of link don't change in any case?

The only wireless n equipment i found on cisco site is 1250 but is a equipment for indoor use and is not a bridge...is a access-point and i'm not sure it can use directional antenna.

Thanks for your help.

You can take a look at this thread:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=Getting%20Started%20with%20Wireless&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cbfa834

But like I said, if you require more bandwidth per link you need to look at another vendor.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: