Qos Roles

Answered Question
Mar 31st, 2008
User Badges:

When adding a guest user with a lobbyadmin id, is it possible to assign that user a QoS role.

Correct Answer by krengasw about 9 years 3 months ago

Hi,

This feature QOS roles for guest user using lobby admin was supported on wcs .yes,you are right,this qos role for guest user using lobby was not implemeted on controller side.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Scott Fella Mon, 03/31/2008 - 10:43
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

You only can assign an ssid tto a QoS level.

rluyster Mon, 03/31/2008 - 10:55
User Badges:

I have assigned the QoS policy to the SSID, however f I add a "guest account" with an admin account, it allows to to select "guest user role" and assign the QoS role that I have defined. When using the LobbyAdmin account this option is not there and the user is only limited to the QoS policy defined on the SSID. My thought was to create seperate roles and futher limit bandwidth depending on what the guest role was.

Scott Fella Mon, 03/31/2008 - 11:01
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

What code are you running?

Scott Fella Mon, 03/31/2008 - 11:18
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Have you verified that it takes the QoS level you set when you are logged in as an administrator. I'm wondering if this overrides the SSID Qos level or not.

rluyster Mon, 03/31/2008 - 11:20
User Badges:

I have verified this, and yes it does override the SSID levels.

Scott Fella Mon, 03/31/2008 - 11:28
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Nice to know.... Well since the Lobby Admin doesn't have this feature, you can always let your local wireless SE to put this as a future feature request.

Correct Answer
krengasw Tue, 04/01/2008 - 08:35
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi,

This feature QOS roles for guest user using lobby admin was supported on wcs .yes,you are right,this qos role for guest user using lobby was not implemeted on controller side.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network