Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of Streams for a MoH Server

pblume
Level 1
Level 1

I will be testing UM 6.1 with MoH.

I have a document titled "CallManager MoH FAQs". Within this document, it states that a co-located MoH server (i.e., a MoH server configured on a server with the CallManager application) can (or should) only support 30 unicast streams.

However, in reading the CM 6.1 SRND, there is no mention of this 30 unicast stream limit. In the 6.1 SRND, (pg 7-12)there is only a mention of a MoH server (both co-resident and standalone) supporting either 250 MoH sessions (for MCS 7815 and 7825) or 500 MoH sessions (for MCS 7835 and 7845). There is no mention of a 30 stream limit.

Does anybody know if CM 6.1 does not have the 30 stream limit for a co-resident MoH server or if the 30 stream limit still applies for CM 6.1?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

Not sure were the number thirty comes from but I have been doing this a long time and the 3.2 --->4.x has always supported 50 Audio streams which are the .WAV or now MP3 files. And 1 real time streming audio source ie CD, DVD player or Musak type solution.

The seesion have to do with MoH call setup and tear down and that is per server in your cluster. Of course this is based on your server size. You can use MRG and MRGL to spread the load across the cluster and increase the session capabiliities across the cluster.

The audio source is static since the files are stored on the TFTP server so 50 is 50 coresident. THat can be increased by adding off box MoH servers to accomidate addtional streams.

Sessions- When a user presses the Hold buton or transfer a session is setup between the Voicegateway and UCM that is one session. So keep in mind that 250 to 500 sessions per server is a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: